Monday, May 25, 2015

What are the best beaches in Michoacan, Mexico?



The question was asked on Quora and Brian Fey answered: As you likely suspect, the idea of "best" depends on what you like.

I love the Michoacan coast! The Michoacan coast used to be quite isolated prior to improvements to highway 37 and highway 200. It used to take 9 hours to get to the coast from Pátzcuaro.

There is a lot to discover for people who want to laze around on the beach under Palapas, swim in bays and lagoons, hang with hippies, birdwatch, surf, explore, or have a fun times with the family.

My experiences: I have driven the entire coast three times during the period of 2005 to 2014. One time I brought all the topographical maps from INEGI for the whole coast, a GPS, and the will to visit every little town and beach I could get into. I was traveling in a vehicle, but the coast is accessible by bus as well. Highway 200 winds a lot and down below there are many more beaches I could not explore easily. Each winter, if I don't go to the Michoacan coast, then I go to nearby Zijuatanejo. Seems like to best time to go to the coast is in January or February. The Best?

Read further at https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-best-beaches-in-Michoacan-Mexico/answer/Brian-Fey?share=1

1 comment:

  1. I gotta get back down to the coast for making an update.

    ReplyDelete