Saturday, March 28, 2015

Road to San Miguel (6)

We arrived in Laredo last night at 9:00pm we lost two hours from time change. The Clampett mobile now has over 2800 miles on it since leaving PDXland. We drove at 80 mph much of the time from El Paso to Laredo. That's the speed limit most of the way! I was tired when we arrived. Bev spelled me for an hour and then another hour negotiating San Antonio. She really helped. I think I nodded off when I was driving for a brief second. It scared me. I said, "Whoa, I need you to take over, babe."

We are staying at La Posada, hotel with a colorful history. Erected in 1916. La Posada has 206 rooms and is the largest hotel in Laredo. It originally was Laredo's first high school, then an elementary school and finally purchased in 1961 for a hotel.

La Posada Hotel in Laredo
Sunday morning we cross the border and head south for over 500 miles.See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment