Saturday, July 18, 2015

Follow Me to the Saturday Organic Market

By Beverly Landfair

He was playing great sax!

Melissa is in the red blouse.

As promised, I bopped up the Ancha and strolled into the Saturday Organic Market and made a bee-line for Buena Vida Bakery.  There is always a line of people waiting to get their goodies.  When it was finally my turn, I requested two cinnamon rolls for Miguel and one very tasty naranja orange doughnut for me.  I gave the owner, Melissa and staff, my regards and bid them adios.  They do a phenomenal business on Saturdays.

Karmine

Then I made my way to Karmine's stand where she sells her home-made pesto and also teaches cooking classes, and cooks at La Finestra restaurant (which we have yet to try)  This pesto is excellent and will sauce pasta for at least seven dinner plates.  As you know, there are a myriad of other uses for Pesto.  My eight oz. container was 60 pesos = $4.00.  She sells other sauces also, which we must try soon.

Derek's Dips

Next is Derek's Dips made this morning.  He uses almonds as his base.  I bought Habanero Dip to take to the party, along with some other goodies, that we are going to this evening. Derek was not there today so I missed taking his picture, but did capture his able assistant letting people sample as many dips with chips as they wanted.  After all, "The proof is in the eating."




I wanted you to get a sense of this good time happening every Saturday at this Market.  Live music, food, great coffee, and vendors selling their organic and very fine products from organic vegetables to jewelry to rugs and everything in-between.  Thanks for joining me!


Cafe area

No comments:

Post a Comment