Wednesday, July 15, 2015

My Walk to Mega

By Beverly Landfair


It took me about 1.55 miles to walk to Mega this afternoon.  I captured some favorite restaurants and some haunts along the way to give you a sense of the scene on The Ancha.  It was a little dusty in some spots but not bad.  I was armed with my shopping bags and pesos.  I wish I would have remembered my water.

Hecho En Mexico (Made in Mexico) is a favorite eatery of many who live here.  It is consistent and tasty and has excellent taco chips and live music on Saturday nights. I am a sucker for their Blackened Fish.  Michael and I have had many a great time here. 
The Instituto is a very long stone affair with restaurants, shops and The Organic Market open Saturdays early morning until 2 PM.  I will be going there this Saturday to pick up some homemade Pesto, some of Derek's yummy dips to bring to our friend Sheila's party this Saturday evening and maybe even an orange donut still warm and worth every calorie!  My picture shows the locked door with just a tempting sliver of a look see.  This Saturday market deserves to have it's own separate post.




Luna De Queso (Moon of Cheese) is a favorite place to buy cheese and other delights.  As I am approaching Luna De Queso, the nicest guy is selling wonderful fruits, etc. just outside the cheese shop.  Every week I buy a quart of the best baby cherry tomatoes for 20 Pesos = $1.33 or less. That's a steal!







Look, a new restaurant is opening next week, Longhorn's!  I checked out the interior and it looks welcoming and new and old.  They will be serving Ribs, etc. Hope it does well.  Can you tell I am hungry and can't wait for Michael to fire up our bar-b-q tonight?





No comments:

Post a Comment