Sunday, July 12, 2015

What A Surprise

By Beverly Landfair

Since moving to San Miguel permanently in April of this year, Michael and I have moved into our rented casa for one year and acclimated is it to this city with relative ease.  I thought that it would be very tough to leave loved ones and dear friends in Portland.  What a surprise!  It has been easy because everyone is still alive and they have the option to visit us in San Miguel.

I will be writing about my take on living in a new town and not just any town but in a foreign land far, far away from our perceived comfort zone.  I love that every day is different.  I love the weather and the birds chirping and the bells ringing and the Mexican people singing and talking.  I love the food and walking to get what we need and want and only using our car to go on short or long trips.

Tomorrow:  Food Shopping, the learning curve

3 comments:

  1. I love your enthusiasm! I am so glad you like it. The girls in Jazzercise were just asking about you. We all miss you. Linda tore her meniscus and has been out for two months and probably longer. Everyone else is still there. I am getting rid of my vacation pasta weight and back on the straight and narrow. We had a great trip and can't wait to tell you guys about it. We would love to come see you both. That is a great picture of Mike! Love,Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you're blogging! I can now live vicariously through you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you're blogging! Can wait to hear about all of your adventures. I will live vicariously through you!!!!

    ReplyDelete