Saturday, July 25, 2015

Walking to Breakfast

By Beverly Landfair

La Vanda Restaurante with Theresa our wait person
If you are contemplating visiting us in the future, we will be walking to breakfast at LaVanda Restaurante.  Located just off Umaran on Calle Hernandes Marcias, LaVanda is a small but quaint cafe that serves us one excellent breakfast.  We have not had the pleasure of having lunch here but that will be another story.

Michael and I just had returned from a nearby lab after having to submit to blood draws, etc. for securing some Mexican Medical Insurance for us.  We were ravenous after our twelve hour fast and in need of strong coffee.  Their home brew did not disappoint.  Now, I could concentrate on ordering breakfast.

Beverly and the coffee fix
I ordered Eggs Toscanos, two poached eggs presented like presents on my plate; mozzerella dollop and a generous amount of Basil Pesto accompanied by roasted tomatoes on the side.  My breakfast also came with a fruit bowl and toast with Guava Jam.  I was having a blissful experience.

Michael ordered his favorite, French Toast with fruit with a side of bacon that arrived in a small bowl and was crispy and delicious.  I know because he thankfully shared some with me.  We will be satiated until dinner with friends tonight!

La Vanda Restaurante

Atmosphere is part of making any culinary experience work, in my book. Lavanda has many rooms, natural stone and has been set up to make you feel like you are breakfasting at your friend's home.  I give LaVanda high marks.

Buen Provecho!

No comments:

Post a Comment