Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Ex-pats Living in Baja

\
Video by Horacio Jones 

"Last week I had to travel to Rosarito for a video gig, so I took the opportunity to pay a visit to a couple of friends who had moved to Baja a few of years ago. I decided it would also be a good idea to do some kind of story about ex-pats living in Baja while I was there. So I paid Shari and Fernando a visit to see what it was like for them now that they live along the Baja coast.

"During the trip we also met another Shari and an artist named Gretchen who has opened up a place called Art House Rosarito, where she lives, creates art and plans for sustainable communities. She also opens up her home to other artists to stay and work at.

"In this report they discuss what it’s like to live in baja, as well as the differences between the U.S. and Mexico. This is an expansive subject and you could certainly make a feature documentary about it, and I hope in the future to be able to make a more comprehensive report on the subject. Who knows, maybe I’ll even make the move…"

No comments:

Post a Comment