Friday, June 26, 2015

Stained Glass Artist Stanley Levinson

One of San Miguel's artists is showing his work in Vail. Stained glass artist Stanley Levinson is 82 and worked in stained glass since the age of 10.

For the past 15 years, Levinson and Carole have spent a lot of their time in the artist colony San Miguel de Allende, a UNESCO World Heritage colonial city in central Mexico. There they stayed at a casita on the estate of Canadian artist and Olympic champion ice skater Toller Cranston.

“One day, while walking the cobblestone streets, I discovered a shop that made and sold stained glass,” Levinson said. He signed up for three months of classes and adopted the name CaraStan Stained Glass Design.

His pieces are contemporary and fun, with bright colors and clean lines that appeal to the eye.

“I love the way the light changes the colors of the glass during the day and into twilight,” Levinson said. “I plan to continue working at this art form for as long as I can.”

1 comment:

  1. Hi Stanley and Carol,
    Hope you are both well. I have a friend Linda Schwartz who is originally from Monticello. She is in san Miguel no nd I gave her your names so she can look you up and say hello from her and from me. If you have an email I would love to contact you through it. Thank you , Julie

    ReplyDelete